Finals week is quickly approaching and I'm just as stressed out as anyone. Am I going to make the grade? What if I do bad on it? What if I oversleep for that class? I feel like I'm the only one thinking about the worst possible scenarios but I know I can't be. College finals have to be 20 times worse than high school finals and those were terrible. But lets try to be positive and think..once were done with our finals--we have almost a month long break!
WE CAN DO IT
I have some study tips that I found on Huffington's Posts website. Let's face it, we could all try to pick up some good study habits.
1) Study in increments. Cramming isn't a good way to study. You should study in 20-50 minute increments and give yourself a 5 to 10 minute break between each session. For best results, study throughout one full week. This way your not just memorizing, your actually grasping the concept.
2) Study in different places. New York Times explains that you should switch things up when reviewing for finals.
3) Manage your time. For the next two weeks, make a daily schedule. One thing I did was write down in my planner how many problems I needed to do a day to feel prepared for my math final. If you ever get off track you know where you can look..your schedule.
4)Work out. As silly as this may seem working out, 20 minutes a day of cardio can help your memory. Working out will get your mind off of something else for a change, and still be doing your body good.
5) Go to office hours. If you need help with something don't hesitate to go to office hours or even the Ace Center. They're there to help you and help you succeed.
6) SLEEP. Don't stay up all night studying. You will be miserable during the final, and will not be able to focus on doing your very best.
Some of these tips may help you do really great on your finals!
2 Tips to Survive Finals
1 week ago